About Me

My photo
I love a lot. I wait a lot. I try to find a lot to laugh at. I don't usually have trouble with that. I pray a lot. I'm not always sure who or what I pray to, but I firmly believe that prayer makes a difference. I try not to panic very often. I try to learn something new every day. I spend a lot of time poking my nose into other peoples' bidness via their blogs. I clean up an awful lot of feathers. You can dress me up, but you can't really take me out. I travel a lot when I can find bird sitters and we take them with us when I can't. I drink, prolly to excess, but I rarely get sick because my body is a hostile environment to germs (or maybe no SELF RESPECTING germ would LIVE in my body?) I collect: gnomes, passport stamps, MONEY-preferably US dollars or Euros, red headed womyn and chicks named Stephanie. My Momma taught me many many years ago that girls don't fart, they foosie. She taught me lots of other chit too. Thanks for stopping by-leave me a comment and let me know you were here, feel free to link to me, or email me at jacquelynn.fortner@gmail.com

Saturday, November 1, 2008

Happy Birthday, Eddie!


The Hee Haw Hayride from Hell actually went pretty well last night. I am having trouble getting my pics loaded so I may post those tomorrow. The costumes were great, the food was delicious and the atmosphere was properly spooky. Everyone had a great time, but when the talk turned to taking our little hoot 'n' holler on the road and heading to a little bar out in the sticks called the Drift Inn, we decided to call it a night. We do NOT drink and drive, and no one thought to charter a bus, SO.

I was also keeping in mind that today is Eddie's 60th birthday party, and I am in charge of baking a-you guessed it!-yummy homemade carrot cake. *sniff* Smells gooood.

Eddie is a hoot. He is one of the funniest characters you'll ever meet. He doesn't tell stories, he tells yarns. Long, winding, twisted up tales that you think will never end or come to a point, but they always do, and they are always gut bustingly funny. When he was a much younger fellow, he actually tried to jump the Escatawpa River on a motorcycle, not just once, but twice! The Innocent Bystander once asked him "Hey Eddie, have you ever had a lady pee on your foot?" just to see what he'd say, and Eddie got real thoughtful for a second, and said "Well, yes, but..." and he proceded to go into one of those epics that are the stuff of legends. He's been all around the world, and he can come up with a story on virtually any subject. He is, in a word, priceless, and I am proud to count him among my friends.

Eddie, have a happy 60th trip around the sun!

No comments: