About Me

My photo
I love a lot. I wait a lot. I try to find a lot to laugh at. I don't usually have trouble with that. I pray a lot. I'm not always sure who or what I pray to, but I firmly believe that prayer makes a difference. I try not to panic very often. I try to learn something new every day. I spend a lot of time poking my nose into other peoples' bidness via their blogs. I clean up an awful lot of feathers. You can dress me up, but you can't really take me out. I travel a lot when I can find bird sitters and we take them with us when I can't. I drink, prolly to excess, but I rarely get sick because my body is a hostile environment to germs (or maybe no SELF RESPECTING germ would LIVE in my body?) I collect: gnomes, passport stamps, MONEY-preferably US dollars or Euros, red headed womyn and chicks named Stephanie. My Momma taught me many many years ago that girls don't fart, they foosie. She taught me lots of other chit too. Thanks for stopping by-leave me a comment and let me know you were here, feel free to link to me, or email me at jacquelynn.fortner@gmail.com

Friday, October 3, 2008

Addendum: And did I mention gak?

Something I neglected to mention earlier was gak.  Parrots, in an effort to be thoughtful, caring, sharing pets, will now and then 'make you a little offering' by disgorging something from their crop.  The first time this happens, it is frightening as you think your bird is puking his guts up.  When I get home from a trip, it is kinda endearing, in a really disgusting way, as I know this is his way of saying I love you.  And it is usually not too bad-peanuts and kernals of corn come up much the same way they did when they went down. However...

Lately Nemo has taken to coming to find me if I am in the kitchen (in plain sight) or in the bathroom.  Usually, when I am in the bathroom, he will head straight for the baseboards in my kitchen-he has completely demolished one side and is working his way down the other.  I had just finished washing out the birds' water dishes and had given Nemo a drink before I put his dish back in his cage.  I went back to the sink to wipe up the counter and heard the familiar tick of little birdy feet headed my way.  He headed straight for my feet (in sandals) and started playing with my toes.  I don't know if it was the toe action or if he was admiring the parrot tattooed on the top of my foot, but he started that familiar "I'm making you something" motion with his head and neck (very hard to describe but once you see it, you won't forget it) and before I could pick him up he gakked all the water he'd just drank and a little (broccoli? brussels sprouts?) sumpthin' extra all over my foot and into my sandal.  I'm so touched.

No comments: