About Me

My photo
I love a lot. I wait a lot. I try to find a lot to laugh at. I don't usually have trouble with that. I pray a lot. I'm not always sure who or what I pray to, but I firmly believe that prayer makes a difference. I try not to panic very often. I try to learn something new every day. I spend a lot of time poking my nose into other peoples' bidness via their blogs. I clean up an awful lot of feathers. You can dress me up, but you can't really take me out. I travel a lot when I can find bird sitters and we take them with us when I can't. I drink, prolly to excess, but I rarely get sick because my body is a hostile environment to germs (or maybe no SELF RESPECTING germ would LIVE in my body?) I collect: gnomes, passport stamps, MONEY-preferably US dollars or Euros, red headed womyn and chicks named Stephanie. My Momma taught me many many years ago that girls don't fart, they foosie. She taught me lots of other chit too. Thanks for stopping by-leave me a comment and let me know you were here, feel free to link to me, or email me at jacquelynn.fortner@gmail.com

Monday, February 9, 2009

Request

One of the things I love most about blogging is the way it has connected me more to the world through our common Blogsville.  One of the things I love least about blogging is the way it has connected me more to the world through our common Blogsville.

I love learning something new every day, and I love this 'meeting' new people.  That little Feedjit gadget in the bottom right corner of the page is an awesome little tool.  It never fails to amaze me that people in other states read this, much less in other countries and on other continents.  And of course me being me, I have to look up every town, city and country that comes here, and read everyone's blogs who comments.  So I do feel very connected.  And meeting new people and learning new things are two of my favorite things to do, so I love it.

It makes the world much smaller, however.  And again, me being me, when someone in MY world is hurting, I am hurting too.  Empathy is a good thing in small doses, but ya'll?  My heart is ACHING right now.  Because I fear our friends in Oz are wondering if the Apocalypse has come.  Some dipshit or dipshitz decided to test the old "play with fire and you'll pee the bed" theory and started wildfires in Australia that are only being fueled by high winds and record temperatures.  Now there are over 165 dead, and it ain't over yet, folks.

I know that from what I've read what they need most right now are blood donations, so if you have some to spare, it won't cost you a cent.  Unfortunately, they won't take MY stinkin' blood, so right now the best I have to offer are my fervent prayers and rain dances.  If they won't take your stinkin' blood either (or even if they will) won't you join me in sending happy thoughts and positive vibes their way?  If tears were raindrops, myne would have already put these fires OUT.

8 comments:

Lilly said...

Derfina, as an Aussie I just wanted to thank you for that post. It means a lot truly. I lived through a bushfire in 2003 but this current disaster is way, way worse. The fire came through at 120kilometres per hour. No-one could drive or outrun that. Terrible stories are emerging. These people lived in small towns and all knew one another. For them its like losing families. Global warming thats what it is - regardless of teh evil fire bugs. Take Care and thanks for having a big heart. I too love the world is that much smaller through blogging. Truly.

derfina said...

Lilly, you know my heart and prayers are with you all. *smooches*

darsden said...

It is just horrible, I do donate blood though I feel it's a duty! I can also send a red cross check. If my hose was long enough I would be on the front line TRUE THAT!!
I have been watching on TV and the pictures of the cars, that poor horse OMG the people!!! To know a stupid Punk did this is even more scary and really makes me wish I was the one that found him.
You Rock this Post my friend :-)

Anna Lefler said...

Lovely post and lovely sentiment.

And I, too, love that blogging makes the world so much more near and tender...

:^) Anna

♥ Braja said...

And I'm another Aussie thanking you for that lovely post....I've also lived thru fires in Oz but these are the worst the country has seen, at least in recent history and in terms of loss of life. Bless you, my friend...your tears *are* putting fires out...

Anonymous said...

I haven't given blood since before my last tattoo, so it's around time. Good call, Derfina.

Pearl said...

Good point, derfina. I've sent money, but I also have a delicious and semi-rare blood type. Like darsden up there I too feel giving blood is a duty. I will look around today -- surely someone in Mpls wants mine...

Pearl

Anonymous said...

Only just now having time to pop around to blogs.

Thank you so much for your words babe.

It has been a week and the fires are still going. Thankfully no one is in danger anymore.