About Me

My photo
I love a lot. I wait a lot. I try to find a lot to laugh at. I don't usually have trouble with that. I pray a lot. I'm not always sure who or what I pray to, but I firmly believe that prayer makes a difference. I try not to panic very often. I try to learn something new every day. I spend a lot of time poking my nose into other peoples' bidness via their blogs. I clean up an awful lot of feathers. You can dress me up, but you can't really take me out. I travel a lot when I can find bird sitters and we take them with us when I can't. I drink, prolly to excess, but I rarely get sick because my body is a hostile environment to germs (or maybe no SELF RESPECTING germ would LIVE in my body?) I collect: gnomes, passport stamps, MONEY-preferably US dollars or Euros, red headed womyn and chicks named Stephanie. My Momma taught me many many years ago that girls don't fart, they foosie. She taught me lots of other chit too. Thanks for stopping by-leave me a comment and let me know you were here, feel free to link to me, or email me at jacquelynn.fortner@gmail.com

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

My view on The View

Argh.  My hands are all pruny from cleaning sinks and toilets.  Not because they needed it, but because I had to be doing something with the water running to cut some of the shriekiness coming from Elizabeth Hasselbeck this morning on The View, as usual.  Not that I blame her.  While I love the show, it is difficult to watch her getting gang banged by the rest of the panel every day as the lone Republican, and it is not hard to understand why she gets so emotional.  I will be glad when the election is over so the shows will be back to being more balanced.  I love all of the panelists separately, but together it is really becoming rather exhausting to watch.  I have to Tivo the  show and watch it five times to see what each one is saying because they all seem to talk at the same time when the talk turns political.  And Joy seems to love to bait Elizabeth in a passively aggressive sort of condescending way.  Sherry's voice just grates on my nerves when she is emotional about anything.  Barbara tries to be nonpartisan but it is easy to figure out which way she leans.  Whoopi Goldberg seems to be the only one who can succinctly state her case and then (usually) not get horribly combative about insisting that she be heard.  I will be thrilled when the most political the show gets is who is voting for whom on American Idol!

No comments: