About Me

My photo
I love a lot. I wait a lot. I try to find a lot to laugh at. I don't usually have trouble with that. I pray a lot. I'm not always sure who or what I pray to, but I firmly believe that prayer makes a difference. I try not to panic very often. I try to learn something new every day. I spend a lot of time poking my nose into other peoples' bidness via their blogs. I clean up an awful lot of feathers. You can dress me up, but you can't really take me out. I travel a lot when I can find bird sitters and we take them with us when I can't. I drink, prolly to excess, but I rarely get sick because my body is a hostile environment to germs (or maybe no SELF RESPECTING germ would LIVE in my body?) I collect: gnomes, passport stamps, MONEY-preferably US dollars or Euros, red headed womyn and chicks named Stephanie. My Momma taught me many many years ago that girls don't fart, they foosie. She taught me lots of other chit too. Thanks for stopping by-leave me a comment and let me know you were here, feel free to link to me, or email me at jacquelynn.fortner@gmail.com

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Free weather!

Just a quickie for now as I absolutely MUST get out and take advantage of this glorious day.  You know, people are really quick to say "Why do they even live somewhere you have to worry about ___________? "(fill in the blank with your choice of hurricane, earthquake, wildfires, mudslides, snowstorms, smog, flooding-you name it).  Well, there is only so much livable space in this country-should we abandon half of it in the name of safety and come stay with YOU?  I sometimes think those things happen to make us appreciate the beauty of a day like today.  We have been blessed with a week of near perfect weather-very low humidity, relatively cool temperatures, no rain-what Johnny calls free weather since I turn the a/c off and open the windows as soon as I get up. (I've been keeping the windows etc. closed and the a/c on at night as I'm kinda creeped out about leaving things unlocked what with the transient nature of some of the characters around here and the sitch next door.)  I just got back from feeding the cats, checking the mail, and while I was at the house, trading out the truck for the car, as it is finally dry enough for me to drive the car back to the houseboat.  I am so proud of myself-I decided to back the truck up to the boat so that it would be easier for Johnny to load it when he gets home and I got the ball/hitch thingy RIGHT under the socket on the trailer on the FIRST try! (/pats self on back.)  Everyone is out cutting grass, washing cars, sneaking off for a boat ride (um...that would be ME as soon as I finish this!).  I really should cut grass, but Johnny has the lawnmower jerry rigged-in order to start it, I have to hook the red side of the jumper cables to some little whatchamacallit under the hood that is covered in a red rubber thingamajiggy that keeps getting in my way.  Then I have to turn the ignition on and lean over and touch the other side of the red jumper cable side to the battery post (this is all while sitting firmly on the seat, as of course THAT safety feature can't be bypassed) and watch the sparks fly while it hopefully turns over and starts, at which time I have to get the jumper cables disconnected and the hood pulled down whilst still sitting firmly on the seat.  Ideally, this is a two person operation, but unfortunately, I am by myself as Alex is still in Gulfport for school.  When I tried this by myself, I got everything connected and went to touch the battery post and the damn thing got so hot I couldn't hold it, but it never would turn over.  I don't know if it needs a new battery or if I've pulled something loose, or what.  Next time I go to contribute to the rise in Walmart stock I will pick up a new battery and pray that fixes it.  Otherwise, I am going to have to enlist some help from one of my neighbors as there is no telling how long it will be until Johnny gets home.

I can't bear to sit here and read blogs all day today.  One thing I've learned in the past couple of weeks of pretty much obsessing over this blog and researching by reading others is that I am not unique.  I am not the smartest, the wittiest, the most sarcastic, the most curious, the most twisted.  Evidently I've not had too many thoughts that have not been expressed before.  But no one has my life or knows all of my secrets, so I rectom I'm going to keep plodding along for the opportunity to vent if nothing else.  I refuse to get my feelers hurt if no one ever reads 'my stuff'.  I'm going to spend today looking around for the blessings in my life.

No comments: