Well, today makes three weeks that these eggs have been sat upon, so if Ahab(ella)'s eggs are going to hatch, they should start any time now. There is an awful lot of noise and activity going on in that box (and obviously the proud papa above to be, Moby, is not going to let me get close enough to check), so I'm going to use this as an excuse to use today's Sunday Stealings: The Procrastination Tool Meme, just in case I have to assist in the labor and delivery, if indeed that is what is happening. It also allows me to save the posts I'm rolling around in my head for next week, SO.
Cheers to all us thieves!
1. What is your favorite sit-down restaurant? Depends. For a nice family dinner, High Cotton. For just everyday, dependable, greasy hangover food, the Awful Waffle (Waffle House, for those of you unfamiliar with my 'history' here *snort*)
2. What food could you eat for 2 weeks straight and not get sick of it? Probably lentils and wild rice with lots of onion and garlic. I am trying to get rid of some excess Jackie right now, and high fiber, low fat has always been very effective for me. They are yummy and they make you poop good, as my grandma would say.
3. Have you ever had anything removed from your body? *SNORT* Uh...*titters some more* What a loaded question. How about the obvious two children (one who happened to weigh 9lbs 12 oz and had a SQUARE head)? Then, there is always my beloved, currently in The Fatherland. Oh, yeah, also a uterus and various and sundry cysts, moles, hair...and occasionally, my better judgement.
4. What is the last heavy item you lifted? Take your pick-flats of water or sacks of dog (read:duck/goose) and cat food.
5. Have you ever been knocked unconscious? Only by anesthesia.
6. If it were possible, would you want to know the day you were going to die? See, this is the part of blogging, especially with blemes, that is hard, because I really don't have time to think about all of the implications as this is off the top of my head, but without really delving into the philosophical aspects of it, yes. I would like to be able to tell everyone how special they are to me (how very relevant, considering our loss of Lisa this weekend). I'm sure if I knew HOW I was going to die, it might color my answer, but in the interest in this not being a post of its own, I will leave it at that.
7. If you could change your name, what would you change it to? Dixie Dahling? (Give me a break-off the top of myne head, I tell ya!)
8. What’s your goal for the year? To travel as much as possible and perhaps to get paid in some manner for something I write.
9. Last person you hugged? Momma and Daddy.
10. First place you went this morning? Outside to feed the *%#^ing ducks and geese, the bane of my existence in the netherworld of sleep.
11. Do you always answer your phone? Once in a while to teach El Juevo a lesson about what goes around comes around, no. The little shit will sit there and watch his phone ring and not answer it, but if I text him, he texts right back. I roll around on the floor laughing when I finally deign to call him and he freaks out on me, all "Where have you been? I've been trying to call you for hours!" Payback is hell.
12. It’s four in the morning and you get a text message, who is it? Probably my fucking dentist's office. I love him longtime, mista (or in this case, docta) , but they have a weird automatic reminder system that must be set up in Timbuktu's time zone.
13. If you could change your eye color what would it be? Green. Who wouldn't want green eyes?
14. What’s on your wish list for your birthday? Travel. I'd rather travel than have things, any day.
15. Does the future make you more nervous or excited? Excited. I want to get some ON me.
16. Do you have any saved texts? Nope. I have some I've not erased yet, but not because I'm saving them, just because I'm lazy.
17. Ever been in a car wreck? Yep. Nothing exciting, but enough of a jolt that I always wear my seatbelt now. It was a classic case of someone running a stop sign and broadsiding me within A MILE of my home.
18. Do you have an accent? I reckon. I have been here for *gasp* THIRTY THREE years. Why is it then, that I still feel like an outsider looking in, an amateur anthropologist studying the thems?
19. What was the last song to make you cry? Johnny Cash "Hurt"
20. What did you do last night? Sent emails back and forth to the Innocent Bystander, watched stupid sitcoms, researched some places in Barcelona, and read random Wikipedia articles.
21. Have you ever felt like you hit rock bottom? No, although I've done made some stupid decisions here and there in life. Who hasn't?
22. Current hate right now? I don't hate. I dislike intensely. I INTENSELY DISLIKE FEATHERS AND TURDS RIGHT NOW. PROBABLY WILL LATER, TOO.
23. Met someone who changed your life? Not met, but Chris Cuomo jumping off that building on Good Morning America did. I 'gave up' my fear of heights after I saw him do that.
24. How did you bring in the New Year? *smiles fondly, remembering* With the IB. I think we were still up at the Shingle Mill at midnight, but came back to the houseboat as soon as the ball finished dropping and the liplock was over. ^^groucho eyebrows^^
25. What song represents you? Jesse Colin Young "Do It Slow"